Sunday, February 12, 2012

Some Color

One day I happened to stand at the front of my living room and notice that it was very monochromatic. I have one green hamper to hold blankets, and one awesome little rug that I love, but other than that it is a cream colored carpet topped with cream colored couches and very light window curtains.

I figured the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to quickly add color was to make some sort of garland. I hopped onto Pinterest to see what some other people had made. I found a picture of what I wanted. I pulled out my fabric scraps and immediately started cutting...


I hung one across both windows in the living room and I love the way they automatically changed the look of the room. Not only that, but it was a good way to open the door to new color as I was stuck in a rut of green.



My favorite aspect of the garlands is that they are absolutely adorable and cost me nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment