Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dry Erase Boards with personality

For a long time I wanted a kitchen scratch board...you know, for grocery lists, love notes, menus, uplifting thoughts, and so on. I didn't just want something boring and white though, so you can imagine that I was pretty excited when I saw this idea on the interweb...


This project quickly got more expensive than I intended it to...

The humongous frame was at DI for $10. The paint was $4. The fabric was $3.50 because I didn't have any scraps that big and I was picky...

But I have loved having it in my kitchen for the past few months.

I made another one for Eric and Charlene's wedding gift...


Jacque had a box full of frames in the attic and told me to take what I wanted when I mentioned my wedding gift ideas.  Charlene doesn't know how she wants to decorate yet, but her favorite color is red...so I took it and ran with it. I had all the fabric in my box of scraps. The pearl button, and antique glaze were left over from other projects. I only had to spring for the red paint.

Secretly I hope they hate it and will give it back to me...but really I hope they like it a lot and keep it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment